DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Monday, December 14, 2015

12-14-15 Last letter!

Well, this is my last email home as a full-time missionary.

WEIRD.

I don't have much to say, but I do want to bear my testimony of the gospel. I know that God has a specific plan for each of us and that He loves us SO much. I know that He hears us when we speak with Him. He wants to hear from us. He wants to bless us. All we have to do is follow His son, our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that the commandments are great opportunities to find true happiness. I know that we can transform any situation as we make the decision to be happy and do what's right and leave the rest to our Heavenly Father. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is God's kingdom on the earth, and that will never change. I know that the atonement can change lives.

Someone shared something with us yesterday from an old talk. They said that "enduring to the end" doesn't mean "hanging on till the end," but really it means coming unto Christ daily.
Come unto Christ. Every. single. day. As Elder Anderson said this past conference, faith is a choice! not just once, but many times everyday. So keep choosing to have faith. Protect your faith by living the gospel with all your heart. Always put God first, and everything really will work out.

I love you all so much, thank you for all the support and love you've shown the past 18 months. I know this is God's work and that Jesus Christ leads it. I can't express my gratitude for all that God let me experience and do here in south Texas. He is so good to us.

Thank you again, I love you. And I'll see you soon. :)

Love,
Hermana Lance






No comments:

Post a Comment