DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

12-7-15 Each day try to be better :)

Hello, all!

Well, I feel a little like a broken record, but I just can't say enough about the ATONEMENT.        
    
We had MLC this week and it was really instructional. Our mission president destroyed us with the spirit and helped us realize a lot of areas that we need to work on. Receiving correction is such a great opportunity to repent and do better, we just have to make sure we use it like that. So! that's what we did. Repentance is the best. I'm so so grateful that our Heavenly Father is so infinitely patient with us! with big and small things. Tuesday night I worked with another Sister trainer leader, and definitely ended up getting lost and ending up in the wrong town and wasting time. Thankfully, God still loves me. haha.

So I realized recently that I haven't really said anything about the people we're teaching. so! We're teaching a darling black young woman named Rose. Sweetest thing on the planet. Only issue with her is that her mom is a die-hard Seventh-day Adventist. so! she needs your prayers to get her family's support.

We're also teaching this guy named Dallas. He's a boss. Only problem is that he's on house arrest at the moment and can't leave his house.... #awkward. We're hoping that he gets permision soon so he can come to church!

YSA is weird. but I love it. The members are great. Our area is huge, so that's lots of fun. It's cool to see how God leads you to those YSA peeps in need. And we usually find other people for the other missionaries, which is great too because we're all on the same team. :)

Well! I love the mission. And Christmas time. Why? Because the light of Christ is EVERYWHERE. So happy. I think a lot of people feel the spirit more during this time without really realizing why. I'm gonna do my best to help everyone recognize the source of true joy.

I hope you recognize it, too!

Much love,

Hermana Lance




                                            Christmas card worthy pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment