DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

8-18-14 3rd week in Corpus Christi

So I guess I left home 2 months ago... that's weird. 
Thanks for the package!! Fun fact for the future: Only send packages to the mission home. apparently it's a rule here. HA. my bad. no worries though cause I'm new. :)

Well, This week has been loco crazy. (Jenessa: yay! a goat!) 
So turns out I've been holding in lots of pride and junk without realizing it. Good thing I had a heart to heart with my dear Heavenly Father Monday night last week. Cause guess what. I saw instant blessings. Which normally doesn't happen, so I was pretty stoked. I like to call last Tuesday: El Dia de Milagros. Because we talked to about a million people and found 2 new investigators. One of those is "L". 
Let me tell you a little about L this week. She is 26 and a single mom. We didn't even find her. She called to have the missionaries come over because she was going through really hard times and trying to find the truth. (if this isn't the definition of golden I don't know what is)  We had a tear-filled, heartfelt lesson about the Plan of Salvation on Tuesday night and set a baptism date. Wednesday we had a lesson at a member's house about the Restoration. Friday was the Book Of Mormon. Saturday was a church tour. Sunday--SHE CAME TO CHURCH!! which was wild because her five-year old daughter had a fever. THEN! she and her daughter at dinner with us at the bishop's house. 
Here's what's amazing. She already is more happy. the first 2 lessons were like cry and testify sessions. And now she barely cries and is eager for more. She's one of those people whose life makes me REALLY grateful for my own. Really I haven't even hit a speed bump in my life compared to L.  **I LOVE MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS SO MUCH YOU'RE THE BEST** But anyways. What's cool is how the gospel can help everyone, even L in her super rough life. They call the atonement infinite for a reason. Look up the definition of infinite. It's probably super inspirational. 
Anyway. L's a miracle. because really we needed her just as much as she needed us/the gospel of Jesus Christ. God is good!
Update on J: no clue how smoking is going cause he was super sick this past week and was in the hospital for like 3 days. Really I'm not sure he's got the drive to do it. We're gonna try to pump him up tomorrow. Cause seriously it's so important.
2 Nephi 31:21. All I gotta say.

Anywho, I have to go. The computers at this library are painfully slow so half my emailing time was spent waiting for my inbox to load.. so great. patience training. look at all the opportunities I have to learn! #blessed #sarcasmismybestfriend
I'll hopefully get to send some pictures next week. Thanks for the camera btw! it's just great! 
LOVE YOU ALL!
Hermana Lance


No comments:

Post a Comment