DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4, 2014 First Area!!

Hello all!

Roland Wood. Good guess. My first area is.....*drum roll*... CORPUS CHRISTI. #whoneedsspanishanyway 
My area is North Padre Island. So basically I live on a island filled with beach-houses and really tan, prideful people. haha. It's seriously so gorgeous here though. Our apartment is across the street from the beach. I'm not exaggerating at all. We aren't allowed to go to the beach in our mission, but that's cool cause ain't nobody got time fo dat.
My trainer's name is Sis. Sarmiento Wolff. It's a pretty common name, don't cha think? (haha. only joking. Just trying ease the tension. <-- there's no tension. that was a quote for you HP fans.) Anyway, she's from flipping CHILE. cool, right? It's funny cause she's learning English and I'm learning Spanish. It's a struggle at times, but we are trying to help each other a lot. She's great though! She's tiny and dark and I'm not tiny and not dark. (sidenote:I already have a foot tan and a watch tan. booya!) It's funny, man.
Last week feels like an eternity ago. Pres. and Sis. Maluenda are great. This mission is the greatest. (sorry everyone except Roland).
Anyway, before I forget, here is my address, just so you know:
14825 Windward Dr. Apt 211
Corpus Christi, TX 78418
This week has been pretty good. Hard, but good! As I mentioned before, the people here are bums. haha. Mainly all our time is spent trying to find people to teach. And we haven't been too successful. And this awesome family we had is being dumb and so it's been a bit frustrating. Literally since I got here on Tuesday, we have had TWO lessons with investigators. That's a lot of time spent riding my bike around the island and trying to talk to people. GOOD LESSONS GUYS. I'm learning a lot. It's definitely easy to get discouraged, especially when you're nasty with buckets of sweat and hungry and all that. But! I've actually been doing pretty good. I think it helps that this is my first area, so I'm not used to anything else. Hopefully it gets better though.
Anyway, I really don't have a lot of time so I'm gonna attach a few pictures. (update: my camera fell out of my bag on the airplane to Texas and has been lost forever along with all my MTC pics. so awesome, right? it's cool though. attitude is everything, guys. haha) ANYWAYS. my comp has let me borrow her camera so I can send a few pics. isn't she lovely?

*I got the packages and my bike and all! all is well. Someone thank Justin and Kelli for their letter for me, k? thanks!*

SO! I love you all!! God is good and will support us all in our trials! remember: D&C 6:36
Loves!
Hermana Lance
PS my hair has now reached volumes unknown to man. I basically literally have the hair of a horse. if only it was in a sweet, mustang-running-on-a-beach way. But it's all good. It's pretty funny, really. haha. my bike helmet helps a whole bunch. (hahahaaaa)


                                     We parked our bikes on a no-parking sign. we're real funny.


                 4-Generation picture. My mom, my grandma, and my great-grandma. what a great family line. I'm                                a baby, guys. literally a newborn. maybe premature. the tests weren't conclusive.


My comp and I


No comments:

Post a Comment