DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Monday, October 20, 2014

10-20-14 Big changes coming

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC!! Hope you have a fabulous day! Love you bro :)
Well. This has been one incredible weeks. To answer all the questions, yes! LISA AND JACKIE GOT BAPTIZED AND IT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFEEE. 
I can't actually describe the way I feel about their baptism, but let me just say that I'm full of joy and love and gratitude. and lots of other great feelings. I love Lisa and Jackie with all my heart and am seriously just full of happiness.
Yes, I did get to see the "Meet the Mormons" film. Two other zones came to Corpus Christi and we all watched it. SO GOOD. a lot of us got kinda trunked-out though with the last story. haha. it was really great though. The goofy dancing reminded me of Dad. ;)
Also I have news about transfers. I'll start with a little story. 
This past Thursday night Sis Sarmiento Wolff and I had just finished daily planning and were starting to talk and such as sisters do, when our phone rang. I will now describe a basic version of the conversation before, during, and after this phone call.
Sis. SW: Who's calling us? *picks up the phone and screams: IT'S THE ASSISTANTS!
me:WHAT. (inwardly: CRAP.)
Sis. SW: answers the phone
"Hi this is Elder Walker (AP), Sister Sarmiento is your companion there?" 
me: hiiiii.....
E. Walker: Sister Lance are you sitting down? (me:yes.....) 
E. Walker: Good, because the Lord has called you to TRAIN A NEW MISSIONARY. You need to be in McAllen tomorrow at 10am for the new trainers meeting, see you there!
End phone call.
Sis. SW and me: AHHHHHH!!!!!! 
And so. I'm training, folks. Friday 4 other elders and I drove down to McAllen and I got back just in time for the baptism. And tomorrow I get to go down there again and pick up my new companion, fresh from the MTC! 
Crazy, right? for those who are wondering, I'm definitely just finishing my second transfer and my own training. so.. that's cool. 
Am I ready? probably not. But to be honest I'm really excited to see the miracles that are going to come from this experience. I know it's gonna be really difficult and all, but I know there's a purpose behind this. God does everything for a reason. In our training meeting Presidente Maluenda talked about Joshua, the prophet after Moses. Joshua 1:5-9. Sometimes when we have hard callings and don't feel sufficient it's easy to get discouraged/overwhelmed/stressed/etc. But just as the Lord counseled Joshua as he tried to fill the shoes of flipping MOSES, all we need to do is "be strong and of a good courage," keep the commandments, and never give up. I can do that much, and so nothing else matters. God will be there for us and will bless this area according to our faith. :)
Sad part about all this is that Sister Sarmiento Wolff is leaving! :( She's going to Beeville next. Also everyone in my district, except my district leader, is leaving too. Definitely bittersweet cause we've grown super close. in our last training meeting we all may or may not have cried a little. But it's OK because God never takes anything away without giving us something better in the long run. So I guess since this transfer was so great, I just gotta be patient and I'll have even more fun! 
Well that's all for today. Pray for my new companion. She's gotta be trained by a baby. haha. 
Love you all! 

Hermana Lance



Bishop Sturgis and Sis Wolfe and Sis Lance


Our district


At Jackie and Lisa's baptism


Jackie and Lisa's baptism


Happy Days

No comments:

Post a Comment