DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

9-29-14

Hello all!
This week has been super long and super short at the same time. Meetings do that to you. And being on a mission. Also, turns out we're having training meetings 5 times a week for the ENTIRE MONTH OF OCTOBER. Our poorr milesss. But it's cool cause we're already improving in our teaching skills after a week and it's super great. Vamos a ensenar con mucho poder y autoridad!
This last week we had trainings, zone conference, the women's broadcast, and more trainings. I've been learning so much! I have a LOT to improve on. Which is good. Progress is the goal, right? 
One of the main themes from zone conference was setting goals and making plans. On missions, you make goals like never before. The tricky part is making plans and actually following through. I'm definitely working on this cause sometimes I make a lot of goals and then completely forget about them till the next time we set goals. I have a goal to be better at making and doing plans for my goals. and I have a plan on how to do it, too. BAM.
Also something that really hit me was something President Maluenda talked about regarding our attitudes and animo. He said that we don't need to get discouraged when someone doesn't accept the message we share or we have a bad day. Our purpose is to "INVITE others to come unto Christ." And so, as we invite people, we succeed. Regardless of their response! They have agency. We can't control what they choose but we can invite them and choose how we feel. Pretty cool, right? We never have to feel bad when someone rejects us. cause we're already successful BEFORE they say yes or no. I really loved that. Especially since this area is pretty unique compared to the rest of the mission. (aka we're just as successful as the other areas with loads of bautismos.) Great stuff! :)
(PS I got the package! Thanks so much! I can't even tell you how glorious a mini Predicad Mi Evangelio is to have! mucho amor.)
The General Women's Meeting was awesome, right?? Temples. Families. Service, Keep the commandments. Blessings. We have LIGHT. that's what I got from it. I loved it. And it just made me even more excited for General Conference!! WOO!!! 
(I hope everyone is spiritually preparing themselves and thinking of questions and all that cause I have a feeling it's going to be amazing.)
We're teaching a girl named Jackie right now. She's 14 and super prepared for the gospel. Pray for her, k? Thanks. :) 

Anyway. I hope you all are doing really great! I love you all very much. ENJOY CONFERENCE!! :D
Hermana Lance


No comments:

Post a Comment