DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

10-27-14 New Companion!

Hello, all!

Well I'm sure you're all dying to know about my new companion. Wait no longer! Her name is Sister Tait and I think we're soul mates. She's from Ceder City, UT and went to the U of U for a year before coming out here. (don't worry we're past the BYU vs UofU thing already) She played volleyball in high school and we have similar senses of humor. I love her! Plus she's got a powerful testimony and is ready to work hard. It's awesome! We're both working a lot to improve and become the best missionaries ever. I think we're going to learn a lot from each other and grow a lot this transfer. It's exciting. :)

**side note: Sis. Sarmiento Wolff found out at 10:20 Monday night that she's training, too! so from my last district, 5 out of 6 are training. 3 of them are white washing/opening new areas, one is also my district leader, and one just finished training (aka me). CRAZY.

This week has been reallllyy slow pertaining to the work. For our whole zone, really. We didn't find anyone new to teach and neither did most of our zone. Ouchhh. We're not sure what we're doing wrong, but we've got a lot of animo still and are gonna kill it this week. Cause there are souls on the line and we don't have time to wait. Bring it onn!

This past Saturday we had interviews with President Maluenda. Guys. He's incredible. When I hear the words "inspired man," I think of my mission president. Every word he says is powerful and feels just for me. I love it.

Anyway, I'm still going strong and loving life! Being a missionary is the best, even on weeks that no one wants to listen to you.

Happy Halloween!!

Hermana Lance



This is our family picture: Sis. Wannacot, Sis. Sarmiento Wolff, Sis Cannon (Sis. SW's trainee), Me, and Sis Tait

No comments:

Post a Comment