DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

11-10-14 Manna from Heaven

Hello, hello! How are you all? 
This past week was grreeaatt! Hard, of course, but really great. Lots of daily miracles. We even received manna from heaven. no joke. There's a german bakery on the island and through a member friend of the owner, we got to go and get their left over bread on Friday. We're talking three huge flour sacs FULL of delicious german bread, people! Sis. Tait and I are real big fans of bread, so we definitely had a wonderful time. Luckily we had zone meeting the next day and we gave most of it away to the other missionaries, but don't worry. we still have lots in our freezer.
You know the scripture in the bible about tithing and how if we pay it we'll receive more blessings than we have room to receive? that's what our bread blessing felt like. God is very good to his missionaries. :) 
Spanish is coming along. haha. we try to speak it as much as we can together, which is limited because of our lack of knowledge, but we try! haha. Language study consists of many things. haha. we have grammar books we work out of and do activities and practices together and test each other on vocab. everyday is a little different :) also Spanish lessons with real people hardly exist. we teach this very old mexican lady sometimes. She's cute but MUMBLES. We just smile and pretend we understand. it's cool. and now we have Carolina! great stuff. 
Guess what I found out!! Turns out it's not a rule that everything has to be sent to the mission office. I think Sis. Sarmiento Wolff just thought that cause all the mail she gets is from Chile and stuff. I dunno. but ya! packages are safer if you send them to the mission office because otherwise they sit outside our door till we get home, buttttttttt ya! woo!! fun fact. whoop whoop! 
So once a week we go to Port Aransas, a small fisherman's town that is about a 25 minute drive from North Padre. This week when we went, we taught a lady from Honduras! in Spanish. and she accepted a baptismal date!! Milagros. The gospel must be true if two very new missionaries can teach someone in broken Spanish and have them want to be baptized. That was a cool experience cause it was Sis. Tait's first BD and it was in Spanish! in Corpus! so awesome. 
As I briefly mentioned above, we had our zone meeting this past Saturday. We had some great trainings and then we got in a circle and all of us bore our testimonies of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. The spirit was very strong and I loved every second. I have a strong testimony of the atonement, and it's growing more and more every day. As missionaries, we're responsible for A LOT of things and we make A LOT of mistakes. I'm so grateful that even though I make a lot of mistakes and that it's hard, I can be forgiven and keep moving forward and progressing. The atonement is real. Its healing power and its enabling power know no bounds. We are so incredibly blessed to have access to such infinite power. I cannot fully express my gratitude for it. I love my God and my Savior!
I'm loving being a missionary and learning so much everyday. Thanks for all of your prayers and support, I need it. :) I love you all!
Hermana Lance
PS This past week got pretty stormy and chilly. That's what I get for sarcasm. haha :)
Sorry these pictures are kinda crumby. 

HAHA

                                               

                                                               Manna from Heaven

                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment