DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

11-24-14 Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Hello everyone! 
Happy Thanksgiving this week! 
So as I mentioned last week, we had a general authority come and speak to us! It was Elder Foster of the seventy. and it was AMAZING. I don't think I've ever received so much revelation at a time before in my whole life. Our zone leaders had us read our patriarchal blessings the night before and bring three questions with us to the meeting. Other meetings that I've brought questions, I've received answers, but usually they're vague and I have to discern them from the spirit. This meeting, with Elder Foster, however, my questions were answered very specifically and directly. It was insane! For example, one of my questions was "How can we start a fire under our ward/investigators?" At one point Elder Foster told us an analogy and HOW TO START A FIRE. the answer? kindling. So simple and yet so mind blowing. 
He talked a lot about the work of salvation and I learned a LOT. At the end he emphasized how God knows and loves each of us individually. How God knows us BY NAME. The spirit was very strong as we closed with one of my favorite songs: A Child's Prayer. I felt God's love for me as I sang the words to that song and it just hit me how special each of us is to our Heavenly Father. It's hard to grasp the infinite love that He has for us, but I know that it's real. I'm only starting to get a taste of that love as I serve the people here in Corpus Christi and it is rich and sweet. Something Elder Foster told us was that everything we do should be motivated by love. Pretty good idea for servants of the Lord, right? 
Anyway, that was definitely the highlight of my week. Spiritual outpouring. 
Besides that the only exciting thing that happened was that we helped clean a very dirty apartment and I got really good at coexisting with cockroaches. Also a rat ran into Sis. Tait's foot. #memories
I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and really stop to give thanks to our Heavenly Father for all He has blessed you with. 
I love you!
Hermana Lance


I got to see Elder Sherman, who's from the good ole Edgemont South Stake in Provo! Weird seeing someone you know from home, but fun!    #tbirds 


Sister Tait and my beloved Sister Sarmiento Wolff and her trainee. So much love!


Sister Emily Lance and Sister Sarmiento Wolff


No comments:

Post a Comment