DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Monday, November 17, 2014

11-17-14 WIND OUT OF THIS WORLD

Holaaa! 
Well, this past week our leaders had a three-day training in McAllen, so we didn't have any meetings till Saturday!! It was amazing. Don't get me wrong, I love our meetings. I learn lots and love being with the missionaries. The only problem is that we don't have as much time to proselyte and teach, especially since we live pretty far from the chapel and have driving time tacked on as well. So we were very grateful for the chance to just work all day long! Even when none of your investigators are progressing, there's still so much to do. So we had a busy, meeting free week. It was great!
This past week was pretty cold again. Definitely not as cold as in Utah, though! Burrr. It was in the 40's here and I felt like I was in Washington or something. Misty rain, really humid, Tons of wind, chilled to the bone. especially when you're riding a bike in a skirt. But it's ok cause at least it's not snowing! :) The weird part was that it went from 70's to 40's overnight. Today it will be in the 50's with WIND OUT OF THIS WORLD. Adjusting isn't a real thing. 
This morning was really funny because it was extremely windy and pretty cold. I felt like I was in a vortex of humid, sandy, and cold air. Quite the combination. Especially with hair like mine. (ps my hair is super long. mission miracles. :D )  Hermana Tait and I definitely laughed at ourselves a bit. 
As far as the work goes, our investigator from Honduras is out of town for the month (bummerrrr.) and the rest of them are not progressing. We're really trying to light a fire under them so they realize just how amazing this gospel is and start acting. Also we're trying to find more investigators because we just know someone is out there on the island, just so prepared for the gospel and longing for 2 sister missionaries to knock at their door and help them find what they've been looking for. :) 
This week we have a general authority coming to talk to us! I'm excited. He's a member of the seventy, I believe. It should be a great opportunity to learn and receive revelation for my area. I can't wait! 
This past week I reread President Monson's talk from general conference about walking as the savior walked. This really spoke to me this week. I want to invite all of you to read it/watch it/ listen to it this week. You won't regret it :) 
That's all for this week! I love you all! hope you're all doing really well and are always striving to walk as the Savior walked :) 
Love,
Hermana Lance
PS tomorrow is my 5-month mark. Pretty unbelievable, seeing as I've been here for about five minutes. 
Don't freeze to death!


Also here's a picture of one of the greatest sunsets I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment