DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Monday, September 14, 2015

9-14-15 Love you all

Happy Independence Day of Mexico tomorrow!! woo!!

Our branch is having literally 2 parties this week to celebrate. Pretty sure they're going to dress me up like a Mexican. Needless to say, I'M PUMPED.

Well, this week went by super fast. We had 3 exchanges and zone conference, so, really. bambambam. pday! what? woah. cool! asi es.

so let me tell you a little about some of my favorite people. 1) RUBY   2) ORTEGA FAMILY
Ruby. She's probably one of the most gold people ever. We taught her about Joseph Smith and all that the other day and she was basically testifying about him before the lesson ended. 
On Sunday she had promised a friend she was going to help her with something, and was planning on sleeping in and going to church next Sunday. not in casa linda! We went over and woke her up and then cleaned her kitchen/made them breakfast while she got herself and her kids ready. We were pretty late, but it was so worth it. 

Then, we have the family Ortega. Lily and Julio are the parents and they have 5 sons. (3 are 8 and older). They're super boss and went to church a couple times in Harlingen (about a half hour away) without missionary help. it's going to be a process with them because they've been going to The Church of Christ for a looonng time, but they're willing and searching and it's the best. 

so Brownsville is exploding with miracles right now because all the missionaries here have a TON of faith. We're seriously unstoppable, because we trust in God and are working hard. It's pretty amazing to be a part of it. having faith makes one real happy and have real peace inside. i'm a big fan.
Thanks for always keeping me updated! I love it! 
I'm soooo pumped for General conference! It's seriously going to be a spiritual overload. I can't even tell you. 

I hope you all have a great week! I love you all lots and lots!

Hermana Lance



                                                      don't mind the terrible effects of flash.



No comments:

Post a Comment