DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

9-28-15 Staying in Brownsville!

Hello all!

Good news! I stayed in Brownsville!! woo!! 

Sadly my dear Sis Acosta got transferred for her last transfer. But it's all good cause I got a great new comp! Her name is Sis. Kingsford and she's a brand new STL. She's 2 transfers behind me and recently hit her year mark. She's from Logan and loves wildlife stuff. pretty darn cool! 

This week was pretty hard, I'll be honest. But really I'm not sad or anything cause God's really good at supporting His children. The Ortega family and Rubi were supposed to get baptized this Sunday, but unfortunately both of their husbands decided against that and asked us to stop coming by. One right after the other. Double knife to the heart! I'm not sure why and I'm not sure what's going to happen, but that's when faith's the most important, right? Ether 12:6. 

So now we're started over in Casa Linda. We're making plans and working hard and I know that God's going to help us out. He's very consistent, so I'm not worried. :)

Did all you women watch the General Women's session of conference on Saturday? If not, go watch it! Pres Uchtdorf's talk really touched me. Just what I needed, really. Let's all just be happy and skip through life, ok? cause really there's no reason to be sad. Because really, it's called the plan of happiness for a reason! just keep the commandments and you're good! Alma 41:10

love you all! keep being awesome and such! 

Hermana Lance

PS that eclipse though!




Sis. Lance and Sis. Kingsford


                                                                   Beautiful sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment