DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

9-21-15 best district ever

Hello all!

Well las transferencias have come upon us once again. I have no clue yet what's happening but I'm hoping I get to stay here in beloved Brownsville. :) 

In the next little bit, we're going to have Rubi and her daughter Dana get baptized, and the entire Ortega family. If i leave I'll be real sad to miss all that. but God's will be done, ya know? 

This transfer I learned a ton about faith and the power of attitude and God in general. I also learned a lot about planning. goals and plans for dayssss. 
Our zone right now is doing the best in the mission, and it's because of the faith that we have in Brownsville. This has definitely been the best transfer of my mission so far. lots of ups and downs, of course, but I feel like I totally lost myself in the work and honestly there isn't a better feeling than that. This is the best work in the world. quite literally the best. I just love it. 

This week we had a couple noches mexicanas, and they were awesome. We didn't get to wear any cool dresses, but we dressed up in red, white, and green and many of the members wore their legit Mexican clothes. Haha it was great cause at both parties, I was the only white person and they just thought that was hilarious. yay for Utah missionaries! 
Also, el grito is real. Ever heard a Mexican yell like a Mexican for his country? It's a beautiful and incredibly joyful thing. haha <3 

Well that's a million for your love and support and prayers. I can't tell you how much it means to me. I know that even if I didn't have the support I have, that God would help me do what I'm doing, but seriously it helps and strengthens me so much to have it. There's a reason that God put us on this earth in families with friends. Because His plan is perfect! 

Keep Ruby and the Ortega family in your prayers! 

love you all!
Hermana Lance

PS..Will you tell Teresa thanks for the letters they sent me this week? They made my day :) 
ALSO. LAUREN'S TURNING 18???? WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT IS GOING ON HERE. I haven't been gone that long, have I? haha 

I'm going into my last 12 weeks, my last 2 transfers. and I'm going to go so hard that you'll have to hold me up at the airport cause I'll be so tired! Also I'll probs get my flight plans soon. gross. 
love you!

Hermana Lance

Biggest and best district ever













No comments:

Post a Comment