DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Monday, July 28, 2014

July 24, 2014---Last week in the CCM

¡HOLA! 

how is everyone? I miss you all lots.

I hope Mom and Dad got off to girls camp alright and things are going great up there! Can't wait to hear about your adventures. 

Happy anniversary, Jenessa and Roland! I love you guys to the moon and back. Seriously though, how has it been a whole year/ only a year since you got married? Loco.

PSA: I get to email again on Saturday. So if anyone wants to write me and be able to say you wrote me while I was still in the CCM, this is your last chance. 

So this week has been awesome. It's gone realllllyyy fast. seriously I woke up today and we were all like, oh hey! it's Pday! ...woohoo!!

Today has been the best because we FINALLY got to go to the Mexico City Temple!! Not in it though (renovation is my least favorite thing.) We did get to go to the visitors' center and buy some nifty Mexican stuff though. So we're pretty pumped. I'll send some pics from that for sure. 

Last Friday we had an INSAANE thunder storm. it even hailed some. we were doing a service project and got soaked. then we went back to our casa, and the street we live on was completely flooded. so naturally we took pictures in it. The weather here is crazy. Also, the drainage system here is very impressive. That street-pool was gone in like 20 minutes. Good work, Mexico. 

Funny story of the week. I accidentally sat on one of the elders in my district. Don't worry, I jumped off so fast he probably wouldn't have noticed if we weren't missionaries. We were playing a weird version of musical chairs (weird because our maestro was singing hymns..). Whoever was left standing had to say a phrase using the grammar concept we were studying. Yeah.. so.. I sat on him and I don't think I'll ever live that down. all for the sake of memories, right? haha

We had a couple great devos this week. Sunday the director of the CCM spoke about letting our past go and focusing on our missions completely. That was wayyy good. on Tuesday a member of the seventy, Elder Valenzuela, came and spoke. he was super good too. He talked about our purpose as missionaries and told some sweet stories from his mission and about how we need to invite everyone. It was a great talk, especially since I'll be in the field in 4 days. 

We got to help welcome the new missionaries yesterday. The cafeteria has never been more full. 

This week I've been trying to study and learn like crazy cause I definitely don't know Spanish yet and I have to teach people real soon. But it's all good. My spanish is a lot better than when I first got here, and I have a VERY long way to go. I think being in the field with a trainer and real people will help a lot. I am seriously so pumped. 

I am gonna miss the CCM and my district for sure, but I can't wait to get going. I can't believe I'm leaving here already. I've loved being here and I'm sure I will love Texas. BRINGITON.

Love, 

Hermana Lance




 Wetness and an amazing view on an overpass while driving to the temple.  
Mexico City Temple
 Mexico City Temple visitor center
 we love us some selfies and photobombs!

No comments:

Post a Comment