DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

9-15-14 Mosquitos and everything

HOLA!! 
Guys the mosquitoes are back at me with full force. it's been raining this past week which means the mosquitoes are goin' WILD. I know they're God's creations and all, but man. I hate those things.
Anywho. mission stuff. 
This week was TOUGH. In the moment we were just dealing with it but looking back, dang. haha.
Remember our curse of having everyone get sick or be in the hospital? well it's spreading to the less actives. scary stuff, man. one of the less active women in our ward got in a serious car accident and we visited her in the hospital this week. Another less active had a heart attack. and lots of other drastic things are happening. It's freaky. pray for the island, please! cause this is just nuts. and frustrating.

We also lost close to all of our investigators. and I'm not exaggerating. The few we have left don't have a lot of potential and aren't progressing.. so... vamos a empezar de nuevo! cool beans, right? 
Probably the hardest one to lose was Lisa. not probably. it was. All I gotta say is that Satan is flipping good and I'm not a fan of his work. 
BUT. I have learned a lot and grown a lot and all of those great things that happen frequently on the mission. SO DON'T WORRY. :) My companion and I have grown closer and we've received a lot of love from other missionaries, the members, and God especially.. 
Tenemos mucho animo y estamos listas para encontrar, ensenar, y bautizar TODO EL MUNDO. Es verdad. Y podemos hacerlo!
So this coming Friday we have a ward party! and guess what the theme is? CHILE. (aka Sis Sarmiento's country.) We're having typical food, a typical dance, and learning about the history of the LDS pioneers in Chile. Also Sis. Sarmiento and I made typical dresses with a member which we're going to wear. So get ready for some great pics next week. we're PUMPED! :) I'll include a picture of me by the sign we have in the foyer of the church. 
I just wanna close by saying that God is aware of each and every one of you. He knows exactly what we need and when we need it. Sometimes it's hard to accept that in the moment, but trust in Him! He knows what He's doing. I promise. He loves you so much. Leave it to Him. Put your trust in Him and go to work! that's what we're going to try to do and I challenge all of you to do the same in your own way. 
I love you all lots and lots and pray for you always! 
Love, 

Hermana Lance



                                                                Beautiful full moon in Texas


No comments:

Post a Comment