DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Thursday, September 4, 2014

9-3-14 September already!

How on earth is it September? LOCO.

Announcement: I'm sorry I just found out, (language probs) but apparently all my mail (letters, packages, etc) needs to be sent to the mission office. They forward letters to our apartment and we get packages once a month at zone meeting. So just erase the windward address from your memory. Don't worry if you sent something here cause I really didn't know. But now I do so.. ya. Thanks. :) Don't hesitate to send letters. just saying.

So this my first transfer is over and I'm staying on the island! Yes, I know I've only been here 5 weeks. President Maluenda has something next week so transfers got moved up and this new transfer will be 7 weeks to even it out. So now I'm in my second transfer.. woo!!

Sorry I'm randomly writing on a Wednesday. Labor Day=libraries are closed. and living on the island means that we have to conserve our miles and we didn't have a meeting in corpus till today. and so! here I am. Happy Wednesday!

Guys we found Lisa. no worrriieeesss. She's great still. still golden. She's going to get baptized on the 20th of this month if all goes well. feel free to pray for her. Satan is hitting her hard, but she's strong and I'm certain she's gonna make it to the waters of baptism and keep progressing forever. pretty amazing stuff. It fills me with so much joy. seriously. The island isn't exactly a booming place for the Gospel of Christ, and so most days aren't filled with numeral success. That's really not important to me though. Even if the whole time I'm here Lisa's the only one to accept the Gospel and get baptized, it's all worth it. every minute and every disappointment. 100% worth it. You can't put a price on a soul. And I'd do it all again for her.

This transfer I'm so determined to continue working hard and progressing. I had my moments this past transfer where my patience and fire were tested, for sure. But I've learned a lot and can't wait to continue getting better and helping more people. Daily miracles are our bread and butter. :)

We taught my third lesson in Spanish yesterday. She's a Mexican woman named Juanita. Funny part is that we thought her name was Bonita. hahahaha. WHOOPS.

I feel like my letters are super scatter-brained. #sorrynotsorry. jk I really am sorry. but that's just how this hour is. haha. hope that's cool.

I love you all! Have a great week! Romans 1:16

Hermana Lance

Mi primero distrito

 This little Philipino man is Bro. Santos. He and his wife took us out to dinner for his birthday and this happened. So fantastic.



No comments:

Post a Comment