DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Monday, December 1, 2014

12-1-14 Welcome December!

HOLA!
It's december, guys. that just hit me. how is it possible? I really don't know.  time is FLYING. as all missionaries and human beings say. :)
sounds like Thanksgiving with the Oswald's was great, as always. I'm glad :) Thanksgiving here was good too! We had a great dinner with an amazing member from my ward here and her family. Besides that the day was pretty boring and slow as a missionary because of the whole holiday thing, but it's all good. it was great still!
This week was actually pretty difficult for me and Sis. Tait. mainly we just felt like we were hitting a wall all week as we tried our best to do what the Lord wanted us to do. Good news is that we finished the week off strong and learned a lot. We learned about missionary work, ourselves, and the way the Lord works. So although it was a numerally-bad week, it was still very valuable in the progression of this area, in my opinion. Now it's time to apply those lessons and get every aspect of the work to improve.
Also, looks like I'm staying on North Padre for another transfer! that's right. transfers already. luckily I'm staying here and get to finish training sis. Tait. I feel like I have a lot of work to do here still and I'm excited to get another transfer here.
Spanish is going alright. Whenever I do get transfered, I hope it's to an area with a lot of Spanish. Because here my spanish isn't needed much, and so it's naturally not progressing as quickly. It's all good though. I'm still improving and will be grateful for the time I had to learn before getting thrown into an all-spanish environment. :)
Well I hope that everyone has a great week and is super excited about Christmas! It's an amazing time of year and I hope we all get to know our Savior a little better this season. The church has produced an amazing video called "He is the Gift" for Christmas. It's similar to the easter one they did, "Because of Him." Everyone go watch it and share it with your friends! You won't regret it. :)
All my love,
Hermana lance

No comments:

Post a Comment