DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Monday, January 12, 2015

1-12-15 Voted off the Island...Transfers!

Guys. I got voted off the island.

and I'm going to.....


LAREDOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! (Nice guess, Jenessa!)

I'm freaking out a little. and I'm also super pumped. And nervous. and all of that great stuff. Mainly I just can't wait to see what God has in store for me.

Also I'm going to miss North Padre a ton. and Sister Tait. And all the wonderful people here. But I know God's got a plan for me and that I've been so blessed to be here as long as I have.

So, this past week was AWESOME.

I loved the aquarium! tons of fish and fun.

We had a conference with all the sisters from the mission, which was incredible. lots of screaming and hugging of course. And also lots of amazing trainings and full of the spirit. And I got to drive home from McAllen, always an adventure. haha.

Yesterday we had stake conference as well and Elder Anderson (of the seventy) came down to set apart a new stake president for the Corpus Christi Stake. I loved some of the things he talked about. He talked about Lehi's example of incredible faith when Sariah's complaining and he says "I have obtained the land of promise" (or something like that.) His faith was so strong that his future blessings were his present reality. Which I think is a really neat concept. Elder Anderson talked of the three things we have to do to have that kind of faith: 1-always remember that the faith we talk about is not faith in ourselves. it is faith in God. 2-Conform our will to God's and 3-WORK.

I love this gospel and my faith is growing everyday. I'm so grateful for God's patience with me and His loving guidance He gives me every moment. I know this church is true and that God is real!!

Love,

Hermana Lance

PS our investigator Will didn't go to church cause he needed to "mentally prepare" himself for the Green Bay vs Dallas football game. We told him if he came that the cowboys would win. Look who didn't come and look who didn't win. GO TO CHURCH PEOPLE.






No comments:

Post a Comment