DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

3-16-2015 Happy pi day


Happy middle of March!

This week was pretty wild. 

First off, we had a lovely pi day! a member gave the other sisters a pie and we all enjoyed it thoroughly to celebrate. (picture included)

Really a lot of stuff happened this week, but it's hard to think specifically of something. haha. Lots of daily miracles, lots of struggles, lots of success, etc. Something out of the ordinary is that I was pretty sick this week, which was a bummer. I've just had a solid cold/cough thing going on since last monday, and so have several other missionaries in our zone. Luckily I'm getting a lot better, unlike most of them. #blessings

This week us sisters taught the young women in the spanish branch here about being a missionary and how to prepare for a mission. It was funny because I remembered listening to the sisters talk about that with my home ward a long time ago, and now I'm doing the same thing! It also reminded me how different missinaries are. haha. You should have seen the face of one of the young women when we told her we don't watch TV. Priceless.

We're still working a lot with the family Rodriguez (our miracle less active, Ally, and her mom). Sister Rodriguez has a goal of the temple for herself and her daughter, and I have no doubt she's going to make it there. It's so exciting! We're also working with Judith, Laysha, and Armando. All teenagers we found through Ally. Judith is progressing the most right now but doesn't feel ready for baptism yet. hopefully this month though we can help her feel 100% ready and excited, because she's darling and I can't wait to see her make her first promise with God :) Please pray for her and all these youth, they have so much potential. 

This week I'm going to hit my half-way mark, which is pretty insane. Not quite sure what to think about that. We'll probably do something crazy for it (like burn tights or something), so I'm excited.

Also, a member is taking our zone to CiCi's pizza again tonight and a different elder has challenged me to an eating contest. I'm dreading it but cannot back down. I'll send victory pictures next week. 

I love you all tons! thanks for all the prayers and support, I appreciate it so much. I'm so grateful for the time I've had so far to serve here and can't wait to see what the second half of my mission has in store! 

With all my love,

Hermana Lance

                                      

                                                               Sisters with pie on Pi day

                         

                                        ....and a selfie with some of our lovely Spanish members.

No comments:

Post a Comment