DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Monday, March 23, 2015

3-23-15 I love being a missionary!

Hello everyone!

Well. This week felt like a million years long. but it was still really great!

On Monday I won another pizza-eating contest with a greenie elder, so that was exciting!
We had a 2-day exchange last week that was super fun. I was with Sis Hunt again, but in her area this time. It was seriously the best 2 days. We had a ton of fun and saw some awesome miracles.

Something sad that happened this past week was that our investigator Humberto got Antied... super hard. Luckily I wasn't there, because he was pretty rude about it. Sis. Dupape even cried. Super dramatic and dumb. I really am not a fan of satan. but it's all good because we did our best and one day he'll figure it out. :)

Also something that happened over the exchange was that our car got given to another area in north Laredo. Some elder has knee issues and can't bike, so now we share a car! So that sucks, but at least it's not summer! haha

Judith was supposed to get baptized this last week, but unfortunately her mom is pretty against it, so... sad day. She's 15 and totally ready for baptism, but her mom is Catholic and doesn't want her daughter to change her religion. (booooo). So we're still working on that.

Also, Ally and her mom are doing great! Every time we see Ally, she looks better. Her mom is reactivated now, as well! So exciting. I just love them.

Well, that's all that's going on in Cielito Lindo.

I love being a missionary and serving the Lord. I love Laredo. I love Mexicans. I love the gospel. and I love you! (cheesy but true!)

Have a great week and keep being faithful!

Hermana Lance

No comments:

Post a Comment