DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Monday, April 27, 2015

4-27-15 Buenos dias


Buenos diasss!

Well this week was really great. Except Sunday. JK. Sunday was great. But Sunday could have been a lot better, only because NO ONE came to church. Which is probably one of the most frustrating things ever. But it's ok. God's got a plan. So no worries. :)

So, Mom has asked for details of a lesson. I'll tell you about a lesson we had with Olga, an investigator we're working with. Last week we did a zone fast for our baptismal goal. We were out working and were going to try to see if Olga was home and then break our fast. Well, she wasn't. So we stood in her driveway and started to stuff our faces full of crackers and fruit snacks. And then, wouldn't you know it, Olga drove up! It was a little embarrassing but beautiful timing on God's part. We went in and sat with her and had an awesome lesson about the Book of Mormon. We were talking about what it was, doing a little intro, and she had already started looking through it and was on the introduction page when I suggested we read from it. She said, "Oh good! I was going to ask if we could read some!" (I died of happiness inside.)

The whole time her four-year-old son was trying to get her attention and she kept pushing him away saying, "go play! I'm trying to listen to this!" It was awesomeeee. The next day she texted us and told us that her 17-yr-old son had been in the other room and listened to everything we said and wanted to know when we were coming back.

MIRACLES. Seriously. God is so good. I'm 100% that they will get baptized. Hopefully while I'm in Laredo. They just need to go to church is all. :)

Last week I went on an exchange with Sister Tovar. She's new to their area and we were on bikes. Let's just say we road our bikes a LOT. My guess is that we road 20-25 miles on hills that day. I almost died, but we had lots of fun. So no worries.

This week I learned a lot about why we're here and the importance of this dispensation. Also a lot about the atonement. I know that God loves all his children and wants us to reach our potential. I also want to encourage everyone that has a patriarchal blessing to read it! Because we can't reach our potential without a vision of what we can become, right? Early in my mission I received a commitment from a zone leader to read my patriarchal blessing at least once a week. I've learned so much from keeping that commitment and I want to invite all of you to do the same. As you do, you'll know what you need to change to fulfill the promises in your blessing and be sure of the love God has for you. :)

Well, I hope you all have a great week and enjoy the last days of April!

Love

Hermana Lance




Our branch Pres at a branch activity


                                      

                                            Me and the sunburn I earned this week


No comments:

Post a Comment