DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

5-18-15 11 months down, transfers tomorrow

Hello hello hello!

Well this week felt like forever long and also incredibly fast. asi es. 

We worked a TON with Olga this week. and with her son, Aaron! They are so awesome. unfortunately some problems came up that she couldn't control (psycho significant other) and they couldn't come to church :(( 

Good news is that she's still progressing and so is Aaron, who's 17. The other day we asked her why she wanted to get baptized and how she knew that this was all true. She told us that she has felt a new strength come into her life as we've been meeting with her and as she reads the Book of Mormon. And I can see it, too. From when we first knocked on her door and now, she's a lot happier, calmer, more confident, and stronger. IT'S SO COOL. This gospel is real. Because if it wasn't, it wouldn't change people like that. THE CHURCH IS TRUE. 

So right now we're still waiting to know who's getting transferred tomorrow... so.. we'll see. Most people think I'm leaving. I'm praying I don't leave though cause then I would miss Olga and Aaron's baptisms and cryyyyyy. But Wherever the Lord sends me, I'll go happily because any other way isn't fun. And I know that there are people I need to help wherever I go. I just am hoping that God wants me in Laredo for a little longer :) 

It's been a fun transfer in the trio. We've had our good times and a couple struggles, but that's how it always is. haha. I love both my companions. If one of us gets transferred, it'll be my first time only having a comp for 1 transfer! pretty crazzyyy. 

Well, this week I have re-dedicated myself to the work of the Lord. It's not like I wasn't dedicated before, but we received some training and I realized that I have a LOT to improve. And I have to work harder and focus more if I want to truly get the most out of my mission and help the most people I can. I have a vision and I'm gonna achieve it. :) 

I know that Christ suffered for us so that we would have the opportunity to repent and come to Him. And I know that he sincerely yearns for each of us to do that. He's knocking at the door, and we need to open ourselves up to him. I know that peace and true happiness come as we open that door. So, abranlo! :) 

With love,

Hermana Lance



                                    

              All of our zone made turbans out of scarves and skirts. because why not? 


                               

                                    And one of my favorite families, the Pantoja fam. <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment