DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

6-15-15 One year mark and Happy Father's day

Well, folks, this week I hit my 1-year mark! woo! Something will be burned, don't you worry.

Also, Happy Father's Day on Sunday! Shout out to all those awesome fathers out there! the world needs you! 

This week was good. I really don't have much to say though. haha.. 

Olga and Aaron didn't go to church yesterday cause they went to Aaron's christian church. (booo). Turns out Aaron is a little more attached to the church he's gone to his whole life than we thought. But no worries cause he's starting to read the Book of Mormon and after that it's all over. #trueconversion

I got to go on an exchange with my MOM! mission mom, that is. AKA Sister Sarmiento Wolff. Just like old times. it was weird being with her and not being on a luxurious island but knocking on trailers. Oh what a difference a couple hours distance can make. haha :) 

This week I learned a lot about paciencia and humility. Sometimes people are silly and don't make the best decisions or flip out for no reason and I need to work on not worrying about that and just loving people through those silly moments. Nothing dramatic happened or anything, I just have noticed that those are some Christ-like attributes that are crucial in life, especially in missionary work. If you are lacking in those attributes as a missionary, it'll be right in your face all the time and make it hard to be truly happy. The way to true peace and happiness is becoming like our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

I love you all! Have a great week! 

Hermana Lance



                                       

                                                                Cielito Lindo. My home. 


                                       

                                        Also a silly picture that I think is hilarious for your enjoyment.



                                       


While on the exchange a member gave us LOTS of chocolate. #blessingseverwhere






No comments:

Post a Comment