DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Monday, June 8, 2015

6-8-15 Happy June to you


Hola mola! 

This week was great. Hard, of course, but great! My comp got pretty sick for a couple days, so that was unfortunate. But thankfully she's a lot better now! :) 

Sadly, Olga missed church again. The struggle is real. but no worries, God's got a plan and as long as we work out hardest and do all we can, God'll provide a way. :) 

Yesterday we had a meeting with our mission pres, Presidente Maluenda, and all the branch presidencies and Elders quorum presidencies. It was all about what we need to do as the leadership of this district to help us become a stake. We're so close!! Our main focus now is in the priesthood. President Hinckley once said that the strength of the church, or of a stake, is that of the priesthood. So we went through as branches and identified the men who could potentially receive the Mel. priesthood and talked about how we can help them. It was really neat to see the branch presidencies and everyone working so hard for each individual. We're going to work a lot smarter with them now, so that Laredo can become a STAKE!! I think I'm going to cry when that happens. The goal is by the end of the year. AKA by the time I go home. So... it's gotta happen. and it's going to happen. :) 

Well, all I have to say more is that I know Heavenly Father knows you. He wants to help you. All you need to do is trust Him and submit your will to His. To me, submitting your will to the author of the universe that knows everything is a really good idea. Because He knows what's going to truly make us happy. Which is why He gives us commandments! So let's all follow them and I promise you'll be happy. Truly happy. Forever. 

I love you all! 

Hermana Lance

PS...I almost fell out of my chair when I saw Grandma and Grandpa's new porch!! it looks amazing!!       BIEN HECHO TODOS!

PSS...Thanks for the letter, Mom! I loved it!  It's the first letter I've gotten in a while, so I was pretty pumped. :) 


Remember Ally and Sis. Rodriguez? FINALLY got a picture with them. SO much love.




                     Also a picture of an awesome sunset and some awesome missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment