DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Monday, August 17, 2015

8-17-15 New area and new responsibilities!

SORPRESA!!! 

I got transferred!! 

I'm now serving in Brownsville! wooo!! I'm sad I only got 6 weeks in La Joya (because I LOVED it there) but I'm so pumped to be in Brownsville. My area's called Casa Linda and we're over a cute little Spanish branch. Que linda, verdad? This is my second linda area. "Cielito Lindo" and now "Casa Linda!" cool, right? 

So, this transfer my mission changed and got a lot crazier, because I was called to be an STL! Which stands for "Sister training leader." Basically my comp and I help train all the sisters in our zone. AKA a lot more exchanges and meetings and service. Pretty exciting stuff! I'm so excited for this chance to serve the sisters so much and help them grow in their faith and have tons of success. It's awesome :) 

This week was NUTS. Because now I have about a million more things to do. But it's super fun! My new companion is Sister Acosta. She's a BOSS. She's from Orem, UT and went to Mountain View HS. Weird, right? haha 
Our first week together has been great. This is her second to last transfer, so I might be her last comp. But we'll see :) 

I don't have a lot of time cause all the leaders are going to McAllen this week for a big, long meeting called 3-day. Basically we leave today, and then go to really long meetings everyday and then come home Thursday night. Fun, right? I'm excited. I've always loved big mission meetings cause you learn a ton, so this will be awesome. 

I love you all a ton! Keep holding to the rod, because it will never lead you astray! :)

Hermana Lance

"True happiness comes only by making others happy" -David O. McKay

PS I don't have my new address yet but I'll try to get it for next week. Love ya!


                             

                                                    Sis. Acosta and I

                             

                           Also my baby had a baby! So now I'm a grandma. 
                                  Here's our family pic for your enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment