DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Monday, August 31, 2015

8-31-15 FAITH is real

Hello all! 

wo wo wow wow. Cool. So this week was good. Really all over the place, but good! I went on several exchanges and I was the one that left the area every time, so I've been packing and unpacking a lot. But it's fun going to other people's areas, you learn a lot and get to meet cool people :) 

This week I've been learning a ton about faith. 
FAITH THOUGH
Seriously it's the most powerful thing. and it involves a lot of hard work. Whoever things that faith is easy and they can be lazy doesn't understand faith. Faith is a belief that leads us to action. For example, when someone has faith in Jesus Christ and that through Him their sins can be washed away, they get baptized and they stay strong in the gospel. As a missionary, we have faith that God will lead us to prepared people and help us hit our goals and become better, so we go out and work hard and talk to everyone and THEN we see the miracles. It can be applied to every aspect and life and is SO COOL. Faith can move mountains. no exaggeration. :) 

Let's see.. a cool story from this week was that I was on an exchange with Sis. Quintero in her area. Technically our areas overlap, but she's in the English ward. So we were trying to find an English less active at this apartment. We knocked, and a lady named Ruby answered. She definitely only spoke Spanish, and apparently the LA lady had moved a few months ago. Ruby was superrr prepared though. She said that she has been wanting to get closer to God and was going to go to a church down the street but something kept her from going, and then we showed up! She seriously just stood there looking at us with her mouth open like, "Woah. God sent you here... woah." It was awesome. 

I know that this is God's work and miracles happen every time we ask for them and have true faith that we'll receive. 

Love,
Hermana Lance

Also this morning I was leaving a message in Spanish to a member and accidentally started saying "Padre, por favor bendicenos.." (father, please bless us..) AWKWARD. We all make mistakes. and I almost died laughing. Just thought you'd all like a laugh. :)




Exchange with Sis. Isom. Who loves Provo and the TMM (Texas McAllen Mission)?? WE DO!!



No comments:

Post a Comment