DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Monday, October 5, 2015

10-5-15 General Conference...WOW

October! Woah. 

This week was insaneeeeely awesome. :) 
We had a leadership mtg in McAllen, so that was a fun 2 days spent up there. 

and then. CONFERENCE. 
oh, general conference. I probably received the most revelation from a conference in these past two days than ever before. First off, I am so grateful for the three men that have been called to be apostles. While they spoke and bore their tender testimonies, the spirit testified to me for each one of them individually that they are called of God. Such a special experience. 

I learned so much about God's expectation for me, how I can stay strong and firm forever, and man. I just felt so good and happy! The simplicity and beauty of the gospel is what makes my heart sing. And I am forever grateful for it. 

Cool story! 
So a few weeks ago we got a media referral from the church for a lady that wanted a Spanish bible. So we went to deliver it, but an angry husband answered the door and after defending our beliefs and testifying, he told us that he didn't want his wife to talk to us, and went inside. For some reason, however, I didn't feel like that was the end. A few days later, we got a text from someone with the same name as the bible lady! and it turns out she's a less-active member we didn't know. Well, we went over on Friday to deliver the bible and talk with her. She told us that things are bad in their marriage and her husband doesn't like the church. Then she showed incredible faith as she said, "I really don't know what's going to happen to me. All I know is that I need to go back to church." 

The next day, she bravely spoke to her husband and he miraculously gave her permission to go to the afternoon session of conference! That was the session where Elder Holland testified of the power of a righteous mother. 
As we exercise our faith and trust that God will take care of us, He does! this sweet, young mom is a living example of that. 

Well! I hope you all go over your notes and don't leave them as notes. Transform them into action and strive to improve! Truly ask yourself, "What lack I yet?" and never stop progressing, cause that's what we're here for. 

Have a great week! I love you!

Hermana Lance

PS...Thanks the love! and the prayers! I can feel it. I'm growing a ton and I can't even tell you all the crazy stuff going on or just how dang happy I am!




Mi compa y yo


Once upon a time I was on an exchange 
and our investigator gave 
us her jellies!



                                         The wonderful sisters we live with.




No comments:

Post a Comment