DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

10-12-15 Confidence is key

HOLY COW TIME IS GOING BY FAST. 

phew. ok. got that out of my system. 

Well! this week was great. Lots of curve balls and tests of patience and it was great! We had lots of fun exchanges and met some really great people and saw lots of miracles, it was a blast. 

I learned a lot about humility and confidence this week. Confidence is probably the biggest issues with the sisters in Brownsville right now, so we've been trying to help them all to believe in themselves more. Because really we're all daughters of God and can do literally anything with Him on our side. That's what I've learned about confidence, that true confidence comes from the Lord. Pride comes from ourselves. We just have to be like Ammon and rejoice in all that God helps us do and trust that He'll help us do even more. 

Happy news! Jessica, the less active lady I talked about last week, came to church! and all the members are super pumped to welcome her back and it was just splendid. 

Also! A struggle we're having right now is getting people to church. Plans and rides keeps falling through, so if you could pray that Julio, Christian, Juana, and Jorge come to church, that would be lovely. :) (thanks in advance!)

I hope you all have a great week! Siga adelante!

Hermana Lance




Pics from the zoo last week


                                                   A baby camel eating me



exchange selfies


comps in front of the sign at church. Funny that it's English because the ward and branch that attend there are both Spanish. haha




No comments:

Post a Comment