DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Thursday, October 29, 2015

10-26-15 Happy Halloween this week



Happy Halloween!! 

This year I'm dressing up as a member of the army of Heleman. Pretty clever, right?
Well this week was super awesome cause Elder Dube, of the seventy, came and visited the grand TMM! On Wednesday we had a special leadership meeting with him, which was a really cool opportunity. Just the STLs and ZLs of the mission with Elder Dube for 3 hours. So cool! Thursday the bottom of the mission got together and we had a big long conference with him. 

I learned a ton from him! Elder Dube is super lively and fun and happy, just that taught me a lot! He's a great example of how when you lose yourself in the service of God, you're truly happy. I testify of that! He taught us a lot about the Spirit and as well about the Sacrament. It was a truly special experience.
At the end of the conference on Thursday, they had about 6 missionaries bear their testimonies, Sis Maluenda, Sister Dube, and then Presidente Maluenda and Elder Dube. Presidente's testimony was probably one of the most powerful testimonies I've listened to. As he testified that our Savior fights our battles for us, he choked up and there was no denying the truth of his words. Then Elder Dube closed it with another powerful witness.

THIS IS THE WORK OF THE LORD. I know it. I know God is with us and that he is our loving Heavenly Father with a perfect plan for us.

This weekend was super cool cause Julio finally came to church!! woo! and he brought his son, too! He's super pumped and can't wait to get baptized in November. smile emoticon smile emoticon I can already see him changing and I love it so much! keep him in your prayers, please!

Well, I hope everyone has a super great week and never forgets to pray!

Love,
Hermana Lance


Jessica, our now reactivated member and her 2 daughters, and another random kid. 

mile emoticon





Splits with Sis Cannon


Splits with Sis Cannon





No comments:

Post a Comment