DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Monday, December 22, 2014

12-22-14 Merry Christmas everyone!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!
super pumped for skype. but not distracted, of course!
This past week has been pretty awesome. This time of the year is amazinggg. especially getting to serve the Lord Jesus Christ at the time we celebrate his birth. Such a cool feeling.
The last week there were probably 3 or 4 main highlights. 1-Ashley 2-Will 3-Christmas conference 4-irony

Ashley is 14 and is the niece of the Reyes family that's living with them. and who now has a baptismal date! She's going through some hard times and we were able to help her out and help out the Reyes fam. We're not teaching the family more until they come to church, but now we're teaching Ashley. funny situation, right?
Will is a 25-year old guy who has lotsss of questionssss. It's awesome! We taught him about the BOM and he had tons of questions about why we need another witness of Christ, prophets, baptism, you name it. It was challenging but really fun. He basically just soaks it up without accepting it till he knows it for himself. which I respect a lot.
We had our Christmas zone conference on Friday and that was a BLAST. We had some great trainings by Presidente Maluenda and Hermana Maluenda. Then we got to watch a video with pictures from the missionaries from 2014 and then a video of family pictures/baby pictures of every missionary. Lots of fun. Then every zone (there were 4 there) did a skit and we had a gift exchange before ending with more training. I laughed so hard I lost my voice.
Now for the irony. So I've been gradually getting sick since last Monday. I think it was all that singing. Our zone's skit for the conference was about "elder george bailey" and he had "Clarence the angel" show him how he'd made an impact in his mission because he was feeling discouraged. 
Elder Bailey affected me and sis tait because he brought pudding to a district meeting so we didn't get bronchitis. (ain't nobody got time for that) So, we pretended to turn down a musical number from president and sang horrifically. And in reality my throat hurt and I could barely sing. Now I've got a decent chest cold (don't worry I'm fine!). What's ironic is that on Sunday I was technically supposed to be in 4 spur-of-the-moment musical numbers. But I couldn't. Because I couldn't really talk to well. let alone sing. The skit kind of became a reality for me. And so I let my district leader know that I'm going to be needed some pudding at our meeting this week. :)
I hope you all have an amazing week and seek out those who need a little extra Christmas cheer!
Love,
Hermana Lance
PS I got several packages and letters from family for Christmas: THANKS SO MUCH!! I LOVE YOU!! also I'm doing my best to wait to open the packages till Christmas. #dedication
PPS I hit my six month mark and burned a skirt!! woo! time flies and it's not real life.
Also I'm having struggles uploading pictures. I'll send some next week! sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment