DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

12-8-14 Miracles, people!

Hola a todos! 
Well this week was just delightful. Well, every week is, but I had a better attitude this one, so that's always great! It's cool how your attitude matters so much. It's not like I've been sulking or murmuring or anything, but I'm really trying to enjoy everyday. Even when the Reyes family doesn't come to church and you're tempted to throw a mini tantrum. :) 
This week we found a girl named Brittany. She's 20 and super ready for the gospel. only problem is that after the first lesson she disappeared. But don't worry. We'll find her. God's got a plan. :) 
Last night was an awesome night because Caroline (the woman from Honduras) called us. That's right. She's been in Houston for over a month and she just got back and she CALLED US. Also we have no clue what she said on the phone because Spanish is still a struggle. But it's all good. We've got an appointment. that much I can do. MIRACLES, PEOPLE.
Besides that, things have been pretty low-key. We had a zone meeting on saturday and I got Amy's package---Thanks Amy(and family)!! I was super excited to get an advent calendar of my own and it's hanging up in our apartment. :) 
Really all I have to say is that my testimony is growing everyday. This is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it. I know that through the atonement we can receive the forgiveness and strength we need to get through every struggle we face. Really lately I've just felt SO HAPPY. for no reason other than the influence of the spirit and the gospel. Also because Christmas is coming! A world-wide focus on Christ. the best. The light of Christ is shining brighter than normally and I LOVE IT.
I love you all and hope everything goes well this week! 
Love,

Hermana Lance
PS I literally forget it's December till I realize there are Christmas decorations everywhere. Yesterday is was in the sixties and I was freezing. hahaha...





PS we went to Five Guys last Monday as a district. We definitely asked for mayonnaise and mixed it with ketchup to make fry sauce. It was a very Utah moment and very delicious. Don't mind the photo struggles. we had several cameras and aren't skilled enough to coordinate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment