DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

12-29-14 Happy New Year everyone


Hola!!

Well I absolutely loved talking with the family on Christmas! It was pretty unreal. What's funny is that an hour later we were out working and I had forgotten that it had happened. I said to Sis. Tait, 'Sister, did we just talk to our families?" Although she confirmed that yes it actually happened, I still think I just had a crazy realistic dream. haha :)

This last week was awesoommmmeeee! Christmas was a blast and I ate way too much. Thanks to everyone who sent me something or wished me a merry Christmas. I am full of gratitude for my amazing family and the support I have. I love you!

Most of our investigators and members were out of town this past week, so I'm pretty surprised by how fast it passed by.

Yesterday Sis. Tait and I felt a little frustrated with our area because we lost one of our 2 progressing investigators to unfortunate family circumstances and have been having a hard time finding people. It's completely the typical missionary struggle. Literally every missionary goes through times like this, I think. The important thing is to have faith and keep working hard. We cannot measure our success by numbers of investigators or anything like that. Our success is in our dedication to the work. And so, dedicated I will be! God's trying to teach us a lot right now and I'm determined to figure out what it is and grow so I can be a better tool in His hands.

I'll finish with a probably-not-that-funny but really-funny-to-us story. On the 23rd we saw a family we've been teaching and they gave us some tamales they made for Christmas.
**Everyone makes tamales for Christmas here. Not just the Mexicans. I guess it's become a Texas thing? I'm ok with it.**

Anyway. They gave us tamales. About an hour later we decided to eat some because we hadn't had dinner and were pretty hungry. We just stood outside our car in the dark and in the wind, stuffing tamales in our mouths. Funniest picture. It was super windy and we were trying to eat as fast as we could so we could get back in the car and go. And thus was born our new saying of "tamales in the wind." We'll probably form a band with that as it's name one day. Watch the headlines.

I love you all and hope you have a great new years and stay safe!! Everyone go watch Elder Holland's BYU speech "Remember Lot's Wife." Super pow pow and perfect for the new year.

Adios!

Hermana Lance



                                          Our apartment's cooler than your apartment


                                                              This is my island.


                                                     The view from our apartment


                                 Our advent calendar...We love it. Thank you Amy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment