DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

7-13-15 I am so blessed!

Hola a todos! 

This week flew by super fast. We're working with a ton of gente right now and so our days are packed and super fun. We have several investigators that should be getting baptized this month, or soon after. One of them is Jesus Garza. He's a cute old guy that's got a nicotine addiction. He's down to chewing just one piece of nicotine gum a day, but he needs to stop completely before he can get baptized. So everyone pray that that gum stops being necessary for him please :) 

We're also teaching an adorable lady named Norma. She's come to church twice now and her favorite part are the prayers and how close she can feel to God. <3

This week I realized just how blessed I've been my whole life. There's a lot of poverty here, and a lot of it is because people have sacrificed everything to come to the United States. They tell us stories about Reynosa and wherever they're from, and it's rather terrifying. I'm so grateful I get to live in a stable country without such extreme problems. Yes there is still extreme poverty here, I've seen it, and bad things. And yes, our country is starting to move away from the standards of God, but we are all SO BLESSED. Also because we have the gospel. Words can't describe my gratefulness. :) 

So Eber (our recent convert) was telling us crazy Guatemala stories yesterday, and he said, "Hay gente mala alli. Por eso se llama guate-MALA." I almost died laughing. sorry if you don't speak spanish. mala means bad. it was a solid spanish pun. I love puns. haha.

Well, I hope that you all have an amazing week and don't get into any trouble! Hold to the rod!! 

Hermana Lance



hipster shot in Texas


No comments:

Post a Comment