DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Monday, July 27, 2015

7-27-15 Choose to be happy...Choose Christ!

Hello hello hello!

First off and most importantly, Norma got baptized yesterday!! yay!! it was so amazing. She was a little sad because her kids (the youngest is 17) decided to sleep in instead of coming and supporting her. But during one of the talks, the sister giving the talk told her to look around her at the people there, because now they're all her familia. It was a super sweet moment, and Norma just started crying. She cried after she was baptized too, and I can't really explain the immense joy I felt as I saw her truly accept her savior and be washed clean. She has gone through so much in her life, including losing her husband and 12-year old daughter. and right now barely has food on the table. But she's still faithful. She still cries out to God in gratitude and humility. If you want to see true humility, come meet the newest member of the La joya ward. 

Let's see.. everything else is pretty normal. We're seeing lots of miracles with our members, with them literally bringing us investigators to baptisms and church. (soooo awesome.) The Lord is working hard on these people and it's so cool. 

This week a member showed us the video "The Bridgemaster and his son." Probably one of the coolest videos ever. It helps us truly understand the sacrifice that was made for us by our heavenly father and his son. 

I know that Christ suffered and died for us, and rose again so that we can overcome not only physical, but spiritual death. I can't express my gratitude for that. Let us make sure that he did not suffer in vain by taking advantage of the atonement and repenting and coming unto Him. Today is the day. God needs you now, so don't wait. There are things way bigger than you at work, and we can choose whether or not we're going to be a part of it. Choose to be happy. Choose life. Choose Christ. 

I love you all! Have a great week!

Hermana Lance





Mas baptism pics


              me being a mexican and cooking chiles rellenos with an awesome member :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment