DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Sunday, July 5, 2015

6-29-15 I blinked and time flew...

I think I blinked a couple times since I last wrote. and now here I am! This week flew. 

Once again we're waiting to know about transfers, so I'll just let you know next week where I'm at :) 

This week was super good and a bit crazy and hard, of course. 

We ran into some more problems with Olga and sadly she's now acting like the seed that fell in shallow ground. Opposition keeps coming but she's not willing to pay the price to overcome it. it's sad, but hopefully she's be strengthened and choose to follow her Heavenly Father's plan for her soon. :) 

This week we got to go to a ranch! the English branch had a party out in the country of Laredo and it was awesome! That day I was working with Sis. Tippetts, who's going home to Utah this week. In the evening we had FOUR yes. FOUR meal appointments in a row. If I've learned anything from a mission, it's how to pound food. #lifeskills

Well I love you all. The work is going well and the Lord is helping me and all of us everyday. I love Laredo with all my heart and if I leave I'm going to miss it so much! Yes, even the hills and the heat. The people here are precious to me and to our Heavenly Father. I'm so grateful for every moment I've had in my mission so far and am bound and determined to give this work all I got wherever I am this transfer. 

I love this gospel. And you! :) Cuidense!

Hermana Lance


                                     

                                                                  district pic

                                     

                                             Pimentel family we've reactivated :)


                                     

                                                       adventuras del rancho 

                                     


                                                

                                          Our next door neighbor member friend!

                                     

                                                         just another selfie...

 

I made german pancakes for the sisters here cause most of them had never had them! I'm also trying to get Mexican women to teach me how to cook. Get ready for the best and most authentic flautas of your life when I get back. :) 




                      I also apparently look like Brigham Young when I have a beard.... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment