DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

7-6-15 Transferred to La Joya!

Happy July!! 

Well, Dad. I am SO PUMPED FOR YOU!!!! You'll be an amazing Bishop. A couple weeks ago I was talking to my companion and I told her, I think my dad is going to be the next bishop. and then I was like, naaaahhh. But then it happened! #thespiritknowseverything

Sounds like a pretty crazy weekend for everyone back home. I hope everyone had a fun, safe 4th of July! We had to stay in our apartment in the evening, which was terribly boring. But at one point we watched some people light fireworks in the parking lot out the window, so that was exciting! haha

Oh ya!! I'm not in Laredo anymore!! I got transfered to La Joya! (which isn't really in La Joya but that's the ward. so.. ya!) And I love it here. I literally feel like I'm in south america. This area is a lot poorer than my last (which was pretty poor) and everything is super spread out. more stray dogs than ever, more Spanish, and even more members! 

My new comp's name is Sis. Thompson. She's on her 3rd transfer and is awesome. She's from Idaho Falls, Idaho and super chill. 

So the biggest miracle this week was that we had a baptism!!! Eber Ambrocio decided to overcome his doubts and get baptized this Sunday. Funny cause he told us on Saturday. He was just like, ya, so.. Quiero bautizarme manana. and we're like, MANANA?? WOO!! it was great. He's super solid and straight from Guatemala. such a boss. 

I love you all! Keep serving the lord with all your heart, might, mind and strength! Cuidense!

Hermana Lance


Also, here's my new address:
7512 Clavel Drive #4
Mission, TX 78572




Eber looks like he's gonna kill someone, but he's really happy. don't worry. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment