DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

7-20-15 Super busy!!

WoW. What a week. 

We've been going crazy and are super busy and I don't even know where to start! 

Which basically means I'm going to skip a lot of details because I don't have the patience for that. haha. 

We had some spiritually intense lessons with Jesus and he's still progressing. on Saturday he went the whole day without chewing any nicotine gum! #smallandsimplesteps

This coming Sunday our lovely Norma is going to come closer to her savior through baptism! woo!! She's adorable. I definitely think that we were friends before this life. I don't know why but I really connect with her. She's been going through some hard times recently but bless her heart she's holding in there and looking to her savior for help. So neat. :) 

We also helped with a service project our ward is doing for a less-active member. We got to help re-roof on Saturday and it definitely brought back memories of "family fun" back in the day. haha. it was lots of fun though. we got some pretty sweet sunburns and new tan lines, but we've already recovered so no worries. 

Really I just love being a missionary. I hit my 13-month mark this week and I can't believe how fast it's going. This is the best thing I've ever done in my life and I'm so grateful I get to be here with these people and be an instrument in the Lord's hands.  The other day one of our most solid members was having problems with her very stubborn, less active husband. As she cried and told us about her struggles, I thought of how Alma the older prayed with faith for his rebelling son with faith and how his prayers were answered (Mosiah 27:14). So we shared that verse with her. The next day she told us that she read the whole chapter after we left and got a lot of strength from it and is doing a lot better. It's incredible how stuff like that happens all the time. God knows exactly what people need and he guides us without us knowing it so we can help them. I love it so much! The little things make a HUGE difference in people's lives. 

I hope you all have a great week and don't do anything too crazy! 

 Love
Hermana Lance



                                 


                                                   Companionship trust exercise


                                   

                                                Ward service project...re-roofing 


No comments:

Post a Comment