DESCRIPTION

My name is Emily Lance and I am serving in the Texas, McAllen Mission. (June 2014-December 2015). My mom will be posting updates, letters, and pictures while I am on my mission.

Monday, November 16, 2015

11-16-15 challenges = opportunities

I'm going to start off today's email with a real funny story.
Last night I got a tumor (aka goose-egg) on my forehead because my companion was too hyper as we knelt down to pray. Don't worry, it's only mildly tumor-ish today :)
You see, she knelt down and put her head to the ground. I went to do the same, and she suddenly popped up again, and I was too close. A collision of the back of her head and the front of mine ensued. Which resulted in a tumor above my eyebrow. SO FUNNY!!

Anyways!

This week was good. We saw a lot of miracles and a lot of challenges. but it's all good cause challenges=opportunities.

One of our investigators is named Kevin and is a BOSS. I say that because on Monday he brought 2 friends with him to FHE, and then he brought 4 friends with him to institute on Thursday. are you kidding? SO HAPPY. it was great. Then he slept in and had to work on Sunday so he didn't come to church. :( but! there's always next week, right?

This last week we had a Sisters Conference with all the sisters in the mission. It was tons of fun! And we all learned a lot. It was a lot about making the best decisions and deciding to be happy, even when things get tough. I loved it. And then really had to apply it later in the week, so it was very helpful :)

Well I gotta go! but! I love you all and hope you know that. Also I hope you know that God loves you.

Love,
Hermana Lance

 All of my companions! except my 2 chilenas that are already home


And my current comp, Hermana Cannon :)


                              Can you see the unnatural growth on my forehead? 
                                 Pictures never do justice, but it's still funny. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment